22 July 2013

The Drones and the Zimmermen

I read Octavia McBride-Ahebee' s blog because she is an accessible local poet with a powerful voice.  She tells the truth through art that tears through the fog and the will to be blind.  In her post today, Octavia asks Obama to put himself in the place of drone victims as well in the place of Trayvon Martin.   In my mind, the drone program is also Racial Profiling.  (See Guilty, Not, my previous post on this blog.)   

Octavia McBride-Ahebee's posting today introduced a poet new to me, Solmaz Sharif.  In his poem "Drone," he personalized an attack and I saw the connection.  Go to her blog--click on the bold title below--read the poem!  Come on back and let's talk.


Octavia McBride-Ahebee: Drone by Solmaz Sharif:     Victims of Drones   I am horrified by the Zimmerman verdict. I am equally confounded not by President Obama’s response to the ve...



No comments: